Monday, September 18, 2006

The Question

A cousin once asked me, “What is Political Science?” He was inquiring as to why I choose Political Science as a major. To my dismay, I could not provide him with a clear answer.

I’m sure that I am not alone in that when I think about PS, I immediately begin thinking about Democrats and Republicans, about the Presidency and Congress.

The things that first come to mind are correct in the sense that PS does include the different parties and of course, the different branches of government but thinking in this manner is simplistic.

As I sit here and ponder what PS is, I can’t help but think about power and how PS is the vehicle to exercising such power. One thing is certain, PS or politics influences all of our lives. Whether it’s a national policy that is being implemented or the common office politics, one is sure to have encountered PS in one form or another.

Maybe after researching and writing a paper on what PS is I will be able to better articulate what it is and why I enjoy it so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home