Saturday, December 09, 2006

Finals

During the school year, students poor in and out of the King Library, checking out books and of course studying. I have come to the library on many occasions and have always been able to find a seat—today is different.

As I sit here on the 8th floor of the beautiful King Library, I am a bit irritated. As I look out the window staring at the beautiful city lights, I ponder why the library is filled to capacity.

I reach for a conclusion to my question and find that there are a couple of possibilities:

1. Many people from the community happen to be out on this stormy night in the hopes of finding a good book to cuddle up with. (not likely)

2. The people from the community came to the library to find some shelter from the rain. (maybe)

3. Students who have not otherwise studied during the semester are trying to crunch in as much studying as possible in the hopes of securing a decent grade. (most likely)

I vote for the 3rd option!

The rational of coming to the library towards the end of the semester to “finally” hit the books does not make sense to me. Why would you wait to the last minute to cram everything in if you had the whole semester to pick up your class material and review?

And for those readers that are wondering if I am doing the same as the students I am complaining about, I am not. I am at the library because my kids do not allow me to study at home.

Thus, I will carry this frustration as I walk around the various floors of the library seeking a clean well lighted place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home